Wisdom....

Wisdom....

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dental work for two down...

We switched over to a new dentist, great doctor and great staff all around.
So far, myself and 3 of the 4 kids have some work needing to be done. We had the work done for two of the kids so far. And made the appointment for our younger daughter at the end of July.
Our middle daughter has her check up in two weeks and we will see if she has anything needing done. And if not... I'll be next in line to get the work done that I needed to put off just for now while we make sure the kids are all taken care of first in line.
Of course I have to stay in budget. Our flexible savings account doesn't have too much more in it so we need to dig into our pockets pretty soon. Fingers crossed and prayers that our older daughter doesn't need anything at all, and if she does...nothing too pricey. We do have dental insurance put need to cover the out of pocket and deductible portion.

I received an emergency room bill from the ER physicans trying to get me to pay the full balance of $1275, on the bill it never even indicated it was sent to my insurance company. I have been watching my insurance claims carefully and my insurance company explanation of benefits says my out of pocket is $213, not $1275. I have sent the billing office the EOB three times now so hopefully they will get that updated soon. If not I have to keep on top of it. We simply don't have $1275 to devote to this bill right now, and especially a bill that has been paid and processed by my insurance company as per their contract with the ER doctors, far differently.

Today we went to have some dental work done for my son. I ran out to the car to grab The Total Money Make Over. Yes, I've read it but I like re-reading it. :-) And as I walk into the office the Dentist asks me "Who was that financial guy your husband was talking about yesterday" (We were there the day before for cleanings and a baby tooth extraction on one of the kids.) I wasn't in when they had their conversation but I held up the book and asked "was it Dave Ramsey?" He said" yes yes that was him." He asked if he could take a pic of the cover to send to a friend who is deeply in credit card debt, I said oh sure thing. He asked me later how we found Dave so I told him a bit of our history with Dave and about the amount of our current debt and how we had kicked Discover to the curb so far, and the dental assistant asked the name of the book so she could tell her husband who loves reading books about finances.

I sat there thinking... Lord this is super cool... at the ER there was Dave Ramsey talk..... at the dentist there was Dave Ramsey talk.... No one likes debt... don't we all want to be debt free? Man I do! I sooooo do!

~Have a blessed day~