Wisdom....

Wisdom....

Friday, July 22, 2016

Best Buy is gone now

So yesterday we made the final payment on Best Buy! It was a very small balance left on a zero interest offer that we have had since May of last year. The final payment, which paid it in full was $168.52.

We started this journey with $50,530.01 in debt.
Now the total amount is $42,318.37. So since May when we started we have paid off $8,211.64. That feels wonderful!

As of today the balances due are:
Citi Card:             $ 3,838.56
Car Max (Van):    $ 6,588.28
PSECU Credit:    $15,962.73
Amex:                  $15,928.80

I have closed my SAMs credit card and also my Discover. Going to be cancelling Kohls very soon. Just haven't gotten that far yet. Best Buy card will be cancelled as soon as this final payment has been credited. Next to cancel is Bry's capital one. We use this for his gym membership which comes out once a month and also for the Xbox live purchases. However I think I'm going to set up a free checking account that gives us a debit card and just have this be the fund for these two items. I just don't like giving the gym access to our main checking account just in case they have an overcharge error, which has happened in the past.

I read Chris Hogan's Retire Inspired the other day. Great book which I highly recommend to anyone. Not a rehash of Dave's books as some Amazon reviews indicate. I felt Chris really explained heavily the retirement steps of the baby steps, which makes sense since it's called Retire Inspired after all.

~May your evening be blessed~